VIENNA SPECIAL EDITION VOL 1
Special Edition Volume 1
With 28 instruments and ensembles, the Special Edition Volume 1 (identical in content to the previous "Special Edition Standard Library") contains the most important orchestral instruments and articulations in a resource-saving and affordable collection: solo strings and orchestral strings, brass instruments (both solo and in the respective Ensembles), woodwinds from piccolo to contrabassoon, harp, percussion, celesta and the Bösendorfer Imperial concert grand.
In addition to the basic articulations (staccato, détaché, sustained, sforzato, tremolo, pizzicato), all stringed and wind instruments also have the legato performances that are characteristic of the Vienna Symphonic Library: real-life sound transitions up to an octave long, thanks to the algorithms the Vienna Instruments software can be called up automatically as soon as you play legato.
You can expand the Special Edition Volume 1 with additional articulations, which you can find on the Special Edition Volume 1 PLUS.
- Flute 1
- French oboe
- English horn (French construction)
- Clarinet in Bb
- Bass clarinet
- Triple horn
- Trumpet in C
- Tenor trombone
- Bass trombone
- Horn ensemble (4 musicians)
- Trumpet Ensemble (3 musicians)
- Trombone ensemble (3 musicians)
- Solo violin
- Solo viola
- Solo cello
- Solo double bass
- Violin ensemble (14 musicians)
- Viola ensemble (10 musicians)
- Violoncello ensemble (8 musicians)
- Double bass ensemble (6 musicians)
- Bösendorfer Imperial concert grand
- Taiko drums
- Big drum
- Small drum
- Small drum ensemble
- Concert tom
- Hanging basin
- A-due cymbals
- Tubular bells
- Plate bells
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (last update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB copy protection plug) or other USB eLicenser (e.g. from Steinberg or Arturia)
- Free space according to the library size
Other system configurations can work, but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3 / 3.1 UASP support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU / VST / AAX compatible host program (also runs stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments and software require a ViennaKey !
The USB dongle from eLicenser (Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in the Vienna Instruments, but must be purchased separately. So you have to order at least one ViennaKey together with your first collection. It is automatically placed in the shopping basket with the first instrument, but can be deleted if you do not need it. Each ViennaKey can save up to 100 product licenses.
You also need an internet connection on any computer to authorize a ViennaKey.