The harpsichord (English: Harpsichord) has a radiant sound rich in overtones. As a typical instrument of the Baroque period, it played a subordinate role in classical and romantic works. In contemporary literature, it is being used increasingly again in film and TV music productions due to its characteristic sound.
In our in-house “Silent Stage”, single notes as well as “Repetition Performances” of a two-manual instrument were recorded in the following variations: 8 'solo registers, 8' double choir registers and tutti (combination of two 8 'registers and one 4' register).
The single instrument Harpsichord contains all samples and articulations that can also be found in the large Vienna Instruments Collection Special Keyboards. A detailed list of the available playing styles can be found under the menu item Sample Content.
If you have already registered a Vienna Special Editions product that contains Harpsichord, you can purchase the Harpsichord download instrument at a special price.
The purchase of Harpsichord also entitles you to a free download of the Vienna Instruments software player, which contains the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (last update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- free hard disk space according to the following table of space requirements
Other system configurations can work, but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3 / 3.1 UASP support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU / VST / AAX compatible host program (also runs stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
This product requires activation!
This can either be done on your computer (without additional hardware) or alternatively on an iLok USB dongle that can be purchased separately . The iLok USB dongle can be plugged into any computer in order to use the protected software on several computers. Your licenses can be managed as you like using the iLok License Manager and protected against loss or theft by additional insurance ( Zero Downtime with TLC ).
To activate the product you need an internet connection on any computer and a free user account on www.ilok.com . Use the Vienna Assistant to download and install your software products and sample libraries authorized via iLok .
Please check with the software manufacturer which iLok version is required as a minimum if you want to use a hardware iLok!