Celebrating the Art of Whistling
Marcus Schmidinger is the Vienna Whistler! VSL users might be already familiar with his name, as he performed on all of the horn instruments included in our Brass I and Brass II Collections – both as a soloist (of the Viennese horn and the triple horn) as well as a member of the Horn ensemble on the popular Epic Horns.
During the recordings at our Silent Stage we discovered that Marcus is not only a true horn virtuoso, but also an excellent whistler with an incredibly homogenous timbre over a wide key range of approximately two octaves. As an aside, so-called “art whistlers” echo an Austrian tradition of the 19th century when they would perform in Viennese community theatres, vaudeville shows and cabarets.
We’ve recorded a wide range of articulations, including single notes in various lengths (staccato, portato, looped sustains), with and without vibrato, legato performances, portamentos, repetitions and trills and even bends and falls. Anyone who has tried to whistle once might have noticed that an accurate performance and recording is not an easy task at all. Now simply select one of our performance patches within the Vienna Instruments (PRO) player and you’ll be impressed with the stunning proficiency and realism of Marcus’ great live performance!
Vienna Whistler - System Requirements
- Windows 8.1/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel Core i3 or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- OSX 10.10.5, Intel Core i3
- 7200 rpm hard drive for the sample content
- 8 GB RAM
- VIENNA KEY or other USB-eLicenser (e.g. a Cubase- or Nuendo-Key – Soft-eLicensers and iLoks are NOT supported)
- Free storage space: 1.3 GB
- Windows 10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel Core i5/i7/i9/Xeon
- macOS 10.12.6 (or higher), Intel Core i5/i7/i9/Xeon
- 16 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, SATA 6 or USB3/3.1, UASP Support - HFS+, APFS or NTFS formatted) for the sample content
- AU/VST/AAX Native compatible host
- 88 key master keyboard
|Download File Size||839.7 MB|
|Installed File Size||1.3 GB|