VIENNA SPECIAL EDITION VOL 6
VI Special Edition Volume 6 - Dimension Brass
Volume 6 of the VI Special Edition series contains the most important playing styles from the popular Vienna Dimension Brass I and Vienna Dimension Brass II collections. It contains five brass ensembles, each with four players: 4 trumpets, 4 horns, 4 trombones, 4 Wagner tubas and 1 “low Brass “ensemble (1 tuba, 1 bass trombone and 2 tenor trombones). The articulations staccato, sustained, marcato, legato and sforzato are covered, which were played with and without a mute (with the exception of the Wagner tubas and the low brass ensemble).
Single microphone and individual access
Even though each note was played by the five finely tuned ensembles, each instrument was individually mics. For the first time, this technology enables individual access to every single voice; nevertheless, the overall sound of a homogeneous ensemble is always preserved. The individual access allows changing the sound characteristics, position, volume or playing accuracy, and the number of players can be varied flexibly, from the section leader to the desk-based game to the entire ensemble.
The human factor
Even the best musicians never play in “perfect harmony” in unison: Small irregularities in pitch or timing, different timbres or dynamics create the lively sound of an ensemble. The musicians continuously adapt to their fellow players, and these subtle interactions ultimately make up the uniqueness and “magic” of a live performance.
VI Special Edition Vol. 6 contains the free Vienna Instruments Player. If you use the Dimension Brass patches with the optionally available Vienna Instruments Pro Player with its Auto Humanization function, the pitch and timing nuances are created as you play the keyboard. You can control the playing accuracy in real time with a single fader and thus generate the smallest deviations but also huge cluster effects. In addition, you can use the auto-divisi function to divide the voices between the four players, from unison to a four-part set.
Scope of the library
- Samples 47,108 | Download size 8.3 GB | Installed file size 13 GB
- PC Windows 8.1 / 10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel Core i3 or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10.5 (last update) or higher, Intel Core i3
- 8 GB of RAM
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB copy protection plug) or other USB eLicenser (e.g. from Steinberg or Arturia)
- Free space according to the library size
Other system configurations can work, but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel i5 / i7 / i9 / Xeon
- macOS 10.12.6 (or higher), Intel i5 / i7 / i9 / Xeon
- 16 GB of RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3 / 3.1 UASP support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU / VST / AAX compatible host program (also runs stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments and software require a ViennaKey !
The USB dongle from eLicenser (Steinberg compatible) is not included in the Vienna Instruments, but must be purchased separately. So you have to order at least one ViennaKey or Steinberg eLicenser together with your first VSL product. Each ViennaKey can store up to 100 product licenses.
You also need an internet connection on any computer to authorize a ViennaKey.