VIENNA SPECIAL EDITION VOL 5
Special Edition Volume 5 - Dimension Strings
These special string ensembles of eight violins, six violas, six cellos and four basses offer the most important playing styles from the successful Vienna Dimension Strings I and II collections. In the VI Special Edition Volume 5 you get the articulations détaché, sustained, sforzato, legato , portamento, tremolo, pizzicato, each played without a mute (“senza sordino”) and with a mute (“con sordino”).
Amazing realism through imperfection
The musicians of these ensembles were recorded in homogeneous groups with all the interactions and irregularities of the live music-making. In the case of Dimension Strings, individual microphones were used for each individual instrument, making it possible to access each voice.
Even the best musicians do not play in unison in “perfect harmony”: Small irregularities in pitch or timing, different timbres or vibrato strengths create the lively sound of an ensemble. The musicians continuously adapt to their fellow players, and these subtle interactions ultimately make up the uniqueness and “magic” of a live performance. With the Auto Humanization function of the Vienna Instruments Pro-Player, all imaginable nuances and variations are possible by simply playing on the keyboard and the final sound result amazes with an unprecedented degree of authenticity and liveliness.
Due to the availability of the individual voices, you can easily switch between different group sizes - from the section leader to two players per desk to the entire ensemble.
- PC Windows 8.1 / 10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel Core i3 or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10.5 (last update) or higher, Intel Core i3
- 8 GB of RAM
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB copy protection plug) or other USB eLicenser (e.g. from Steinberg or Arturia)
- Free space according to the library size
Other system configurations can work, but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel i5 / i7 / i9 / Xeon
- macOS 10.12.6 (or higher), Intel i5 / i7 / i9 / Xeon
- 16 GB of RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3 / 3.1 UASP support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU / VST / AAX compatible host program (also runs stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments and software require a ViennaKey !
The USB dongle from eLicenser (Steinberg compatible) is not included in the Vienna Instruments, but must be purchased separately. So you have to order at least one ViennaKey or Steinberg eLicenser together with your first VSL product. Each ViennaKey can store up to 100 product licenses.
You also need an internet connection on any computer to authorize a ViennaKey.