VIENNA SPECIAL EDITION VOL 3
Special Edition Vol. 3 - Appassionata & Muted Strings
The Special Edition Volume 3 focuses on the Appassionata Strings, the largest string group of the Vienna Symphonic Library with 56 musicians, as well as on the smaller string ensembles of the Chamber Strings and Solo Strings, which are played here in the "con sordino" (played with mutes) There are variants.
The collection also includes an alternative harp to the one from the Special Edition Volume 1.
If you have always been looking for particularly warm, gentle string sounds that give your arrangements a silky sheen, you will find what you are looking for in this collection. By the way: Did you know that by combining "normal" strings with "con sordino" recordings, particularly warm and wide strings can be achieved, as you know from some Hollywood scores?
In addition to the basic articulations (staccato, détaché, sustained, sforzato, tremolo, pizzicato), all instruments also have the legato performances characteristic of the Vienna Symphonic Library: real sound transitions of up to one octave, which are created by the algorithms of the Vienna Instruments Software automatically retrieved as soon as you play legato.
- Appassionata violins (20 musicians) - normal & con sordino
- Appassionata violas (14 musicians) - normal & con sordino
- Appassionata Violoncelli (12 musicians) - normal & con sordino
- Appassionata double basses (10 musicians) - normal & con sordino
- Solo violin - "con sordino"
- Solo viola - "con sordino"
- Solo cello - "con sordino"
- Solo double bass - "con sordino"
- Violin chamber ensemble (6 musicians) - "con sordino"
- Viola Chamber Ensemble (4 musicians) - "con sordino"
- Violoncellos Chamber Ensemble (3 musicians) - "con sordino"
- Double bass chamber ensemble (2 musicians) - "con sordino"
- PC Windows 8.1 / 10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel Core i3 or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10.5 (last update) or higher, Intel Core i3
- 8 GB of RAM
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB copy protection plug) or other USB eLicenser (e.g. from Steinberg or Arturia)
- Free space according to the library size
Other system configurations can work, but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel i5 / i7 / i9 / Xeon
- macOS 10.12.6 (or higher), Intel i5 / i7 / i9 / Xeon
- 16 GB of RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3 / 3.1 UASP support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU / VST / AAX compatible host program (also runs stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments and software require a ViennaKey !
The USB dongle from eLicenser (Steinberg compatible) is not included in the Vienna Instruments, but must be purchased separately. So you have to order at least one ViennaKey or Steinberg eLicenser together with your first VSL product. Each ViennaKey can store up to 100 product licenses.
You also need an internet connection on any computer to authorize a ViennaKey.