SYNCHRIONIZED Dimension Brass I
Fantastic fanfares - 4 brass ensembles with excellent surround sound
This collection contains the entire, revised and expanded sound material of the successful Vienna Dimension Brass I Collection and combines this with the unique surround sound of the Synchron Stage Vienna, which, thanks to its excellent acoustics, is one of the best recording halls in the world. In combination with the powerful synchron player and the newly implemented humanize function, SYNCHRON-ized Dimension Brass I sets new standards in terms of sound fidelity and ease of use.
- 4 brass ensembles - 16 individually microphoneed instruments
- Trumpet Ensemble (4 players)
- Horn ensemble (4 players)
- Trombone ensemble (4 players)
- "Low Brass" ensemble (tuba, bass trombone, 2 tenor trombones)
- Authentic ensemble sound with direct access to each individual voice
- Humanize presets enable control of the playing accuracy in real time
- Newly edited, mastered and expanded sound material
- Optimized for the free, easy-to-use Vienna Synchron Player
- Outstanding surround sound of the Synchron Stage Vienna (Stage A)
- "Out-of-the-box" sound - can be used immediately without further sound processing
4 ensembles - 16 musicians
Every note in this library was played by four finely coordinated, homogeneous ensembles. The individual microphones of each instrument enable direct access to each individual voice even when playing an ensemble preset, for example to control the sound characteristics, volume, articulation or playing accuracy of the musicians in real time. Speaking of playing accuracy: It is precisely the small inaccuracies and interactions during live music-making that ensure a realistic brass sound. Musicians in an ensemble listen to each other and continuously adapt to their fellow players, changing timbre, volume, intensity and intonation. VSL captured all of these individual nuances in isolation using sophisticated recording technology. In the Synchron Player you can choose from various humanize presets with which you can select and control the playing accuracy of the four musicians according to your taste and the musical requirements. The sonic results are incredibly authentic and breathtaking!
SYNCHRONIZED Dimension Brass I contains all samples from the well-known Vienna Dimension Brass I Collection. Expanded with new articulations to a full library, it offers a multitude of variations, even finer gradations and thus even more possibilities of expression. The new performance glissandi were not simply “programmed”, but actually recorded - for the trombones up to the tritone, for the trumpets and horns even up to the octave. They can be seamlessly combined with the Legato Performances. Also new are the so-called “medium sustained notes” in six different dynamic levels, which were not looped and thus reproduce the very natural end of the instruments. Particularly seamless transitions can be achieved with a continuous controller, with which you can switch between the different volumes - from a soft timbre to assertive, thundering fortissimo and back again, anything is possible. In addition, crescendi and diminuendi were recorded in different lengths (1, 2 and 3 seconds) - these are indispensable for the absolutely authentic brass sound. The new long portati with a tone duration of about half a second, in turn, fill exactly the area between the short and long notes.
Vienna Synchron Player
SYNCHRON-ized Dimension Brass I is compatible with all products in the Synchron Series and also includes the free Vienna Synchron Player. Thanks to its powerful playback engine, it offers unmatched streaming performance and, at the same time, maximum ease of use. Short and long notes, portato or legato, glissandi, tone repetitions or different volumes can be controlled intuitively in real time just by operating a few predefined controllers, so that manual switching of articulations is reduced to a minimum. The innovative algorithms of the synchron player really bring these brass ensembles to life and you can effortlessly achieve the highest level of realism and expressiveness.
Outstanding surround sound
For SYNCHRON-ized Dimension Brass I, the software developers at VSL implemented a specially developed convolution reverb in the Synchron Player, which is based on the innovative Vienna MIR Pro technology and the unique acoustics of the 540 m2 Stage A of the Synchron Stage Vienna exactly reproduced. Tailor-made presets are available for ideal placement in the room, for which the impulse responses and reverberation parameters have been individually adjusted by experienced sound engineers for the respective ensemble. Since the space of the Synchron Stage Vienna is added to the dry samples in real time, a finished sound image is created immediately, which can be used "out-of-the-box", ie without further post-processing in a production
- PC Windows 8.1 / 10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel Core i3 or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10.05 or higher, Intel Core i3
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3 / 3.1 UASP support) for the sample content
- 8 GB RAM (16 GB or more recommended)
- AU / VST / AAX Native Compatible Host Program (AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB copy protection plug) or other USB eLicenser (e.g. from Steinberg or Arturia)
Other system configurations can work, but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel i5 / i7 / i9 / Xeon
- macOS 10.12.6 (or higher), Intel i5 / i7 / i9 / Xeon
- 16 GB RAM or more, depending on your registered products
- 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments and software require a ViennaKey !
The USB dongle from eLicenser (Steinberg compatible) is not included in the Vienna Instruments, but must be purchased separately. So you have to order at least one ViennaKey or Steinberg eLicenser together with your first VSL product. Each ViennaKey can store up to 100 product licenses.
You also need an internet connection on any computer to authorize a ViennaKey.