Recorded by 11-time Grammy nominated classical recording engineer Prof. Keith O. Johnson, the EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA is the most awarded orchestral collection ever, including winning Sound On Sound's Reader's Choice Award an unprecedented 3-times, and the first orchestral collection to be recorded in a "state of the art" concert hall where orchestras mainly perform.
To achieve the feel of a live concert hall performance, each instrument and section was recorded with three mic positions, close, stage (conductor‘s position) and hall. By selecting different mic positions, users can mix these sounds together to create any kind of natural ambience their project requires. This eliminates the need for artificial reverb.
The EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA eclipses all others with the highest level of fidelity and realism. Get that big "Hollywood Sound" film/tv/games directors and producers seek "out of the box", no other orchestral collection comes close or is as easy to use!
- Four versions available:
- EWQLSO PLATINUM COMPLETE PLUS 24-BIT AND 16-BIT (194GB)
- EWQLSO PLATINUM COMPLETE 24-BIT (117GB)
- EWQLSO GOLD COMPLETE 16-BIT (33GB)
- 64-bit (for 32-bit compatibility use PLAY 4)
- Intuitive custom interface
- Intelligent Performance section including Portamento, Repetition, Legato, Round Robin Reset
- Improved articulation window and controls
- On screen mic position mixing (Platinum and Platinum Plus only)
- Switchable 24-bit/16-bit depth (Platinum Plus only)
- State of the art Convolution Reverb with pre-delay and additional Master control to route reverb to all instruments in an instance
- Convolution includes concert hall orchestra was recorded in for additional control of hall ambience
- Intelligent release trail engine that follows the note-on samples volume at all times, so release trails always match
- Release trails unaffected by mod-wheel cross-fade programs, radical mod-wheel movements do not degrade release trails
- Recall custom key-switches instantly
- Key-switch sizes now unlimited
- State of the art sound quality with high-resolution audio engine
- Hi fidelity one pole filter for natural cross-fades
- Stereo image editing now possible using channel sourcing
- Licenses included to install each section on multiple computers (Platinum and Platinum Plus)
- Original and Pro XP expansion combined into "complete" PLAY version
- Completely re-programmed for PLAY software from the original recordings
The Way an Orchestra Should Sound
EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP Symphonic Orchestra has already come out on top in a recent roundup of orchestral collections for its level of warmth and detail. Now with the incorporation of PLAY, users of the upgraded EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP Symphonic Orchestra will experience the benefits of the new sample engine immediately. With the typical orchestral composition encompassing a large amount of instruments, EASTWEST‘s PLAY software will streamline the process by allowing many more instruments to be loaded at one time than with previous systems.
Beyond the orchestra's phenomenal recording quality is its ability to breathe life into the virtual world, creating a real space and filling it with sound. In the past, this meant adding reverb and effects, further digitizing and degrading the overall quality of your music. EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP accomplish this through separately recording the natural hall ambience after the instrument has stopped playing until the sound has actually ceased. The software triggers this "release trail" at the end of every note and adjusts the dynamics so that the samples blend seamlessly, truly placing the listener in the hall with the orchestra.
Each instrument and orchestral section is chromatically sampled at three different mic positions (close, stage and hall) allowing you to mix together instantly within the included PLAY sampler (PLATINUM and PLATINUM PLUS versions only) any combination for the ultimate in real-time tone and ambience control.
PLAY 6 is a 64-bit Advanced Sample Engine (plug-in or standalone). PLAY 6 is Included with all current EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP Virtual (software) Instruments. For 32-bit compatibility, please use PLAY 4.
Multiple Mic Positions
- All instruments were sampled with three different mic positions, allowing you to mix together any combination of mics using the interface for the ultimate in real-time tone and ambiance control. This feature enables you to customize the sound of the orchestra to your own requirements.
- Control all mic positions for the orchestra, choirs, pianos, and other instruments with multiple mic positions with the built-in mic mixer
- Now taken a step further, do it right in the patch
- Load, unload, adjust, pan, mute mic positions as you wish
Load MORE thanks to 64-bit support
- 64-bit support allows you to load many more instruments and voices, limited only by your system RAM
As Beautiful As It Sounds
- Interface designed to eliminate clutter, including only the controls needed for each individual virtual instrument
All instruments are listed in one browser
- Easy to use browser displays all of your instruments
- Favorites section to group the instruments you use most
- Preview your instrument of choice in an easy-to-use column viewer
- Interface automatically changes to display current instrument
- Forget browsing through complicated patch names: pick the instrument and play Turn on/off articulations as you wish
- Articulations list also serves as reference for all expressions within the instrument (no need to look up key-switches in charts)
- Save your favorite configuration for quick retrieval
- PLAY senses legato and repetitive playing and responds accordingly
- PLAY allows the user to manipulate stereo samples in very useful ways
- Stereo Swap allows the user to instantly swap the left and right channels
- Mono from left , Mono from right, or Mono Sum allow for instant conversion from stereo to mono
- Highest quality resampling engine
- Built from the ground up to create the most intuitive instruments possible
- EastWest/Quantum Leap now design instruments every step of the way without compromise
- The best sounding and most powerful effects engine out there, built from the ground up for the highest possible quality
- Reverb section includes multiple impulse responses from halls, and the famous EastWest Studios and live chambers (more RIAA certified Platinum and Gold records awarded than any other studio)
- The smoothest filters you'll ever hear
- Authorize purchased instruments easily using the industry standard iLok security system
- Offers complete portability, take your plugin anywhere you want, use it on any computer
- Easy to authorize and manage (up to 500 authorizations on one key)
Platforms and Hosts
- AU, VST, Standalone, Intel Mac, Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8, 64-bit, 32-bit (use PLAY 4 for 32-bit compatibility)
- Natively supported in all major hosts on all major operating systems - PLAY no matter what your platform
- More native support than any other plug-in
- Standalone: PLAY as many instruments as your computer can handle in one application
PLAY isn't just a sample playback system. The PLAY SYSTEM is a professional, fully integrated sample playback software solution for those with the most demanding production requirements.
- Offers native support for more platforms than any other software engine
- The latest in technology (64-bit supports next generation operating systems)
- The highest sound quality (ground-up effects, highest quality interpolation)
- The best virtual instruments from the multiple award-winning EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP production team
- The most intuitive controls, custom designed for each library
- Up to 194GB Free Hard Disc Space
MAC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
PC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
MAC RECOMMENDED SYSTEM
PC RECOMMENDED SYSTEM
- iLok account required for machine (electronic) license placed on your computer or use optional iLok Key; internet connection required for one-time product activation
Included for both PC and Mac:
- 64-bit standalone and plug-in versions included (for 32-bit compatibility please use PLAY 4.3.5).
- Check the compatibility chart for supported hosts.