Updated to V3! SWAM Violin is an incredibly realistic, real-time controllable, and expressive virtual violin. SWAM-S technology guarantees the same natural reactions as a real instrument. With SWAM instruments you can compose and arrange your orchestra pieces or concertos.
An incredibly realistic, real-time controllable, and expressive virtual violin. SWAM-S technology guarantees the same natural reactions as a real instrument. With SWAM instruments you can compose and arrange your orchestra pieces or concertos.
SWAM Violin is an instrument based on physical modeling. So it is possible to control the main mechanical variables in real time. For example, the velocity controls the attack of the sound and the portamento time, as well when playing legato. The Mod. Wheel can control the vibrato and any foot pedal can be assigned to the expression. There is indeed no limit to the number of possible combinations.
FOR STAGE AND STUDIO PRODUCTION
SWAM Technology overcomes the limitations that are typical of traditional samplers through a combination of innovative performance techniques and concepts of physical and behavioral modeling, with no samples required.
SWAM Violin only weighs a few Megabytes.As a producer, composer or live performer, you can use SWAM Violin for any musical genre by layering it in a sections with no artifacts and simply selecting different timbres for each instance.
PLAY WITH REAL TIME CONTROLS
All the following parameters are controllable in real-time (through MIDI) or by a Digital Audio Workstation:
- Expression (Dynamic)
- Note transitions (Staccato / Legato / Portamento) with no KeySwitches
- Bow Pressure
- Bow Position
- Play Mode (Bowed, Pizzicato, Col Legno)
- Mono vs Double polyphony
- Vibrato Depth
- Vibrato Rate
- Tremolo On/Off
- Tremolo Speed
- Portamento Time
- Portamento split point (across strings)
- Attack speed
- Dynamic Transitions
- Sordino On/Off
- String preferred selection
- Alternate Fingering
- Bow Lift, Bow Start (Up / Down)
- Main Volume
- Pan Pot
- Reverb Mix
Now Updated to v3!
- Powerful MIDI Mapping feature that supports CC, Hi-Res CC, After-Touch NRPN, and remapping curves that allow more customization and sensitivity to any controller.
- Realistic Legatos
- New Pizzicato Model
- General Sound improvement and behavior of bowed string
- Timbral correction feature. You’ll be able to select up to two harmonics to adjust (for emphasis or reduction).
- Standalone version, introduced VST3 plug-in format, and Native Instruments NKS compatibility.
- Real-time bow Sensitivity Control (on bowing mode). This gives you the ability to transform the bow, from a short bow with soft strokes to a full-length bow with strong strokes.
START PLAYING FOR REAL
Forget about Giga-sized pre-recorded libraries! Finally, thanks to SWAM, you can play a realistic virtual violin in real-time, in a way that has never been possible with ordinary sample libraries.
DIGITALLY HANDCRAFTED INSTRUMENTS
These instruments exploit Audio Modeling's proprietary SWAM-S engine, a powerful Physical Modeling technology derived from the Digital Waveguides approach.
AU, VST, VST3, AAX 64bit
10.7 – 10.15 (Catalina)
Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Required space after installation: 15 MB for two plugins
RAM occupancy: about 15 MB for each instrument instance
The realism and expressiveness of the SWAM instrument requires a computer with at least a 1.6 GHz Core 2 Duo CPU for running a single plugin instance. Less powerful systems may also prove satisfactory, but may require larger buffer sizes, involving higher latencies.