SUPERIOR DRUMMER 3
The Complete Drum Production Studio
Toontrack Superior Drummer 3 is more than just a drum production tool. It’s an entire virtual studio, providing unrivalled options to design and craft your drum sound creatively and without restraint. Superior Drummer 3 gives you the control and creative power to produce without limits.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE SUPERIOR DRUMMER 3 UPGRADE?
Superior Drummer 3 has raised the bar for virtual drum instruments, taking Toontrack’s Superior legacy to the next level.
Having been completely redesigned from scratch, Superior Drummer 3 now offers a new and unique streamlined workflow which includes countless additional features, as well as an unparalleled core library of raw sound material.
Step inside your own virtual studio where you can combine the best possible raw materials and mix options to fully unleash all the creative possibilities imaginable for percussive sound design.
SUPERIOR DRUMMER 3 KEY FEATURES
- Over 230 GB of raw, unprocessed sounds in 44.1 kHz/24 bi
- 7 Drum Kits included in Superior Drummer 3 as well as additional instruments
- Recorded with an additional eleven separate room microphones set up in a surround configuration for a complete immersive experience
- Playback in stereo or up to 11 channel surround systems
- Engineered by George Massenburg
- Integrated offline audio to MIDI conversion
- Approx. 350 vintage and classic drum machine sounds
- 35 mixer effects
- New and improved scalable interface with detachable windows
- Edit Play Style, Tap2Find, Song Creator and Song Track features as well as improved workflow and search functionality
- Built-in MIDI grid editor
- DAW automation for built-in macro controls
- Drag & drop and import for individual and third party samples
- Support for keyboard shortcuts
The Superior Drummer 3 core sound library was recorded by award-winning engineer George Massenburg at probably the world’s most quiet and ideal location for sampling, the Galaxy Studios in Belgium. The library boasts in excess of 230 GB of raw sound material captured in extreme detail.
In additional to close microphones and several ambience positions, the Superior Drummer 3 setup also includes an additional eleven room microphones set up in a surround configuration, for use in anything from stereo to 5.1, 9.1 and all the way up to 11.1 systems. In combination with the large selection of extra instruments added for stacking and sound design purposes, the sounds of Superior Drummer 3 give you an incomparable palette of options to craft drum tones beyond your wildest imagination.
“Superior Drummer 3 takes music creation to a level of quality, flexibility and authenticity beyond the imagination.” - George Massenburg, Recording Engineer
- Seven kits (Ayotte, Gretsch, Pearl, Premier, Ludwig (x2), Yamaha)
- Tom shell dimensions cover ranges from 6” to 20"
- Optional tool selection available on select kits and instruments (sticks, brushes, rods, felt mallets)
- Optional drum head selection available on select kits and instruments
- Approx. 350 electronic drum sounds, sampled from vintage and classic drum machines
- 25 unique acoustic snares, 35 recorded configurations
- 16 unique acoustic kicks, 27 different recorded configurations
The making of the Core Sound Library
Meet the team and get a glimpse of what happened behind the scenes during the recording sessions in this video below:
SUPERIOR DRUMMER 3 DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION
Due to the size of the library and to ensure that each customer freely can decide in what capacity he or she wants to utilize the source material, the product is configured in six (6) convenient download packages. Start by installing the software and then add each package in sequence as you go.
- Download 1: “Software” - The Superior Drummer 3 software. No sounds. Approx. download size: 230 MB
- Download 2: “Basic Sound Library” - All instruments, all tools and all articulations in direct microphones as well as the OH Dyn and Amb Ribbon channels. Bleed available in Snare Bottom, OH Dyn and Amb Ribbon channels. Approx. download size: 40 GB
- Download 3: “Room” - The rest of the room microphone channels (OH Cond, Amb Near and Amb Mid). Approx. download size: 46 GB
- Download 4: “Surround 1” - Surround. Five channel microphone setup to achieve 5-channel surround. Approx. download size: 43 GB
- Download 5: “Surround 2” - Height and width. Six channel microphone setup to achieve 11-channel surround (in combination with the “Surround 1” content). Approx. download size: 52 GB.
- Download 6: “Bleed” - All remaining instrument bleed, meaning the sound picked up by microphones other than the one(s) directly intended for a specific instrument or ambience Approx. download size: 54 GB.