SOUL GROOVES DRUM MIDI
If drums are the heartbeat of a song – groove is the soul. Something you can’t touch, just feel. It’s that inexplicable notion that just makes a beat sound right. It’s about the timing, the stroke, the velocity, the context – a complex machinery that runs solely on human parts. That’s why you can’t cheat your way there. And this collection of drum grooves has soul. More precisely – hundreds.
Soul Grooves was performed by Martin Jonsson, a seasoned drummer with a long history of soul drumming. He dove headless into the bottomless well of soul and brought back songs to turn backwards, in and out and upside down to come up with new, interesting flavors to elevate your track or spark your next idea. From the timeless ballads to the classic Motown backbeats, the uptempos, the shuffles and all the way to the contemporary soul of today – this collection has it all.
SUMMARY OF FEATURES
- Drum grooves and fills inspired by soul music
- Close to 400 individually played files
- 4/4 and 6/8 variations in straight and/or swing feel
- Intro, verse, pre chorus, chorus, bridge and fills sections in each song
- Performed by professional session drummer