SOLO STRINGS I
The most comprehensive solo string library ever created
Christian Eisenberger, Katharina Traunfellner, Rubén Dubrovski, Martin Deuring. Four soloists who bring all their heart and soul and their diverse experience from their many years of international concert activities to the Vienna Instrument. Sensitive and clear, exact and homogeneous, technically perfect and of convincing musicality. There are four artists at work here who not only have mastered their instruments, but who have worked for the Vienna Symphonic Library for many years, know exactly what is important. Your performances in the Silent Stage stay alive in this Vienna Instrument.
In addition to the entire treasure trove of samples from the Solo Strings Edition of the Horizon Series, this Vienna Instrument contains many new ways of playing: “Zigane”, the slowly “lubricated” Portamenti, come into their own as interval performances with the algorithms of the new audio engine . The fast interval performances in legato, marcato and spiccato playing styles are also new. "Harsh" are playing techniques with a particularly coarse, almost brutal touch (attack), which are also available as interval performances and repetitions. There are also special performance trills, repetitions in spiccato and richochet playing styles, sustains with decreasing vibrato, ponticello, sul tasto, and a variety of natural and artificial harmonics.
Instruments: violin, viola, cello, double bass
• Interval Performances: legato, portamento, zigane (gipsy), détaché, marcato, spiccato
• Fast Interval Performances: legato, marcato, spiccato, harsh
• Performance Trills
• Interval Performance Glissandos on the same string, fast and medium speed, up and down
• Repetition Performances: legato, bow vibrato, portato (slow, medium, fast), staccato, spiccato, harsh
• Fast repetitions and ricochet repetitions (accelerando, ritardando)
• Runs: legato, spiccato; major, minor, chromatic, whole tone
• Grace notes: normal, slow, zigane
• Glissandos: medium and fast octave glissandos on the same string
• Short notes: staccato, short détaché, long détaché, 4 variations each
• Long notes: sustains without, with medium, with progressive, with fading vibrato, espressivo; marcato
• Dynamics: various crescendos & diminuendos, with and without vibrato, fp, sfz, sffz, pfp
• Tremolos: sustains, crescendo & diminuendo
• Trills: half tone, whole tone, crescendo & diminuendo, constant speed and accelerando
• Pizzicatos: normal , secco, Bartók pizzicatos
• Col legno
• Sul ponticello: staccato, détaché, sustains, crescendos & diminuendos, sfz, sffz, tremolo, repetitions
• Sul tasto: staccato, détaché, sustains, sforzato, tremolo
• Natural harmonics: sustains, repetitions, glissandos
• Artificial harmonics: staccato, sustains, repetitions, glissandos
The Extended Library is an extension with more playing styles and considerably expanded sample content. It can only be activated if you already have the standard library!
Scope of the library
Standard Library: Samples 29.004 | Download size 30.3 GB | Installed file size 55.7 GB
Full Library: Samples 105.946 | Download size 30.3 GB | Installed file size 55.7 GB
Purchasing a VSL library also entitles you to download the Vienna Instruments software player free of charge, which contains the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (last update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- free hard disk space according to the following table of space requirements
Other system configurations can work, but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- 4 GB of RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3 / 3.1 UASP support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU / VST / AAX compatible host program (also runs stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
This product requires activation!
This can either be done on your computer (without additional hardware) or alternatively on an iLok USB dongle that can be purchased separately . The iLok USB dongle can be plugged into any computer in order to use the protected software on several computers. Your licenses can be managed as you like using the iLok License Manager and protected against loss or theft by additional insurance ( Zero Downtime with TLC ).
To activate the product you need an internet connection on any computer and a free user account on www.ilok.com . Use the Vienna Assistant to download and install your software products and sample libraries authorized via iLok .
Please check with the software manufacturer which iLok version is required as a minimum if you want to use a hardware iLok!