All instruments featured in SILK are multi-sampled with extreme attention to detail offering the maximum in expression. EastWest/Quantum Leap SILK contains extensive articulations, interval sampling (where appropriate), round robin (alternate samples), legato scripting, and phrases to give the feeling of smooth effortless performance - like silk.
Each musician recorded for SILK is a master of his instrument, providing the best and most accurate sound available. SILK also allows users to adapt the instruments using dozens of useful micro tunings in the key of their choice. This microtuning system is the first of it's kind, and is a true breakthrough for PLAY.
"Intended as an extension of EastWest/Quantum Leap RA, EastWest/Quantum Leap SILK looks to give users access to rare instruments from across Asia played masterfully by renowned artists," says EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP Producer Nick Phoenix.
"Extensive scripting is employed in SILK along with our PLAY 64-bit (with 32-bit capability) sample engine, offering composers a lot of control over the end result. PLAY's scripting, microtuning and convolution reverb are a powerful combination, making it an unparalled interface for these sounds. SILK is revolutionary in that the microtuning and scales actually teach users how to employ these sounds in an authentic way."
- Incredibly detailed Silk Road instruments from China, Persia and India. The most ambitious ethnic instrument ever created
- 25 GB instrument: 20 GB's of multi-samples and 5 GB's of authentic performances
- Recorded legato intervals for erhu, zhonghu, jinhu, electric cello, kemenche, duduk, 30 piece string section, dilruba, bansuri
- Master musicians recorded at East West Studios, using vintage Neumann microphones, Neve consoles and Meitner converters
- PLAY 64 bit (and 32-bit) interface features state of the art convolution reverb, scripting and new revolutionary micro-tuning system
- With the combination of Silk, Ra, and Gypsy collections you have the most detailed and expressive ethnic instruments ever produced.
- NEW: EastWest/Quantum Leap Silk Sound Set for Sibelius
All sounds in demos 1-4 are SILK multi-samples triggered from a midi keyboard, except the percussion, which is from SD2 PRO. The sound you hear in the demos is the raw sound coming from PLAY. No external effects, EQ or reverb was used in these demos, except a subtle compressor, which was placed on the master bus. No phrases or performances from SILK were used in demos 1-4.
Instruments from China
- Erhu (bowed string)
- Zhonghu (bowed string)
- Jinhu (bowed string)
- Pipa (string)
- Guzheng (string)
- Yangqin (string)
- Sheng (accordion)
- Suona low (brass)
- Suona high (brass)
- Dizi low (wind)
- Dizi hi (wind)
- Xiao (wind)
- Bawu (wind)
Instruments from Persia
Electric Cello (bowed string)
Kemenche (bowed string)
30 piece string section (bowed string)
Instruments from India
- Dilruba (bowed string)
- Sarod (string)
- Tanpura (string)
- Bansuri (wind)
- 25 GB Free Hard Disc Space
MAC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
PC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
MAC RECOMMENDED SYSTEM
PC RECOMMENDED SYSTEM
- iLok account required for machine (electronic) license placed on your computer or use optional iLok Key; internet connection required for one-time product activation
Included for both PC and Mac:
- 64-bit standalone and plug-in versions included (for 32-bit compatibility please use PLAY 4.3.5).