Delay effects plug-in offering an array of insane creative possibilities
New Rob Papen DelSane is a highly affordable delay effects plug-in that offers far more than your average delay fx. On the one hand, DelSane delivers a lovely-sounding smooth stereo tape delay but on the other, it’s an insane-sounding creative tool – in short, it’s the Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde of Delay effects plug-ins!
Whilst Rob Papen is most renowned for his virtual synths, his range of effects plug-ins such as RP-Distort, RP-Verb 2, and Master Magic (to name a few) have become creative toolbox staples for music producers around the world. Their simplicity of use in combination with unique features, give them a distinctive edge – and DelSane is no different!
The concept and features of Rob Papen Delsane
- The concept of DelSane is two-sided. The first (sane) side is a smooth-sounding Tape Delay which can be easily used as a Stereo or Mono Delay in your music production, the second side is as an insanely creative Delay FX device.
- Easy to understand layout and features.
- GUI sizes: 100%, 125%, 150% and 200%.
- The cool ‘Equal Feedback’ feature gives the Stereo Delay a smooth equal Left and Right tail Feedback.
- If you need a bit of edge added to the Delay sound, the ‘Distortion’ parameter is also available.
- To alienate the Delay sound even more we added the ‘Frequency Shift’ feature.
- The creative side of DelSane is the ‘Disrupt Sphere-Slider’. This Sphere-Slider can be connected to the various Delay parameters and by moving the Sphere-Slider, you can change multiple Delay parameters in a dynamic way. Also, if you move the Sphere-Slider, it can move back to the centre in a tempo-based way which we call the ‘Spring’ feature. Very dynamic changing Delays are possible using this ‘Disrupt’ feature!
- To avoid muscle pain... you also can use the ‘Lazy Mode’ so that the movement of the Sphere-Slider can be automated in different directions, which allows you to also create Flanger, Chorus or creative new types of modulation sounds.
- There is an ‘Audio Follower’ which can be used to influence various Delay parameters including the ‘Sphere-Slider Disrupt’ parameter itself!
- The ‘MIDI & MOD’ control section can be used to influence various DelSane parameters including the ‘Disrupt Sphere-Slider’!
- So, either way... for a sane top sounding Tape Delay or crazy insane changing Delay, RP-DelSane is your go-to delay for years to come.