ORCHESTRAL STRINGS II
The foundation of the orchestra - cellos and basses
The Vienna Instruments string sections offer an extremely wide range of playing styles. The special characteristics of these sound bodies are taken into account by a large number of performances, which show their strengths especially in interaction with the algorithms of the Vienna Instrument Player. In larger ensembles, the random effect with trills or fast legatas comes into its own and gives these performance patches special authenticity. The larger the ensemble, the more intense the effect that implements the natural “imperfection” of the individual musicians when changing from one note to the next. This effect was particularly taken into account in the "Repetition Performances Pizzicati", which were recorded in two different tempos.
- Interval Performances: legato, portamento, staccato, tremolo
- Fast Interval Performances: legato, marcato, spiccato
- Performance trills
- Interval Performances muted (con sordino): normal, portamento
- Repetition Performances: legato, bow vibrato, portato, staccato, spiccato, harsh, upbeats, pizzicato
- Repetition Performances muted: sustains, legato, portato, staccato
- Runs: legato, spiccato; major, minor, chromatic, whole tone
- Short notes: short staccato, staccato, short détaché, long détaché, 4 variations each
- Long notes: sustains with and without vibrato, espressivo, flautando
- Dynamics: various crescendos & diminuendos, with and without vibrato, fp, sfz, sffz, pfp
- Tremolos: sustains, crescendo & diminuendo
- Trills: half tone, whole tone, minor, major 3rd, accelerando
- Pizzicatos and Bartók pizzicatos (loose and tight)
- Col legno
- Con sordino: staccato, détaché, sustained, crescendos & diminuendos, fortepiano, sforzato, tremolo, pizzicato, trills
- Sul ponticello: staccato, sustains, crescendos & diminuendos, sfz, tremolo
- Artificial harmonics: staccato, sustains
Orchestral Strings II - instruments: cello ensemble (8 musicians) & double bass ensemble (6 musicians)
Scope of the library
Standard Library: Samples 9.527 | Download size 9.8 GB | Installed file size 19.0 GB
Full Library: Samples 36,485 | Download size 9.8 GB | Installed file size 19.0 GB
Purchasing a VSL library also entitles you to download the Vienna Instruments software player free of charge, which contains the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (last update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- free hard disk space according to the following table of space requirements
Other system configurations can work, but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- 4 GB of RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3 / 3.1 UASP support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU / VST / AAX compatible host program (also runs stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
This product requires activation!
This can either be done on your computer (without additional hardware) or alternatively on an iLok USB dongle that can be purchased separately . The iLok USB dongle can be plugged into any computer in order to use the protected software on several computers. Your licenses can be managed as you like using the iLok License Manager and protected against loss or theft by additional insurance ( Zero Downtime with TLC ).
To activate the product you need an internet connection on any computer and a free user account on www.ilok.com . Use the Vienna Assistant to download and install your software products and sample libraries authorized via iLok .
Please check with the software manufacturer which iLok version is required as a minimum if you want to use a hardware iLok!