ORCHESTRAL STRINGS I
Heart of the orchestra - violins and violas
The 14 violinists in the violin ensemble are led by Christian Eisenberger, who has performed in various international concerts with artists and conductors such as Claudio Abbado, Martha Argerich, Nikolaus Harnoncourt, Herbert von Karajan, Gideon Kremer, Kent Nagano, Roger Norrington, Murray Perahia, Andras Schiff, Georg Solti and many more worked. The ensemble of ten violas is directed by Anett Homoki, who is a member of the Vienna Chamber Philharmonic and the Vienna Volksoper.
The Vienna Instruments string sections offer an extremely wide range of playing styles. The special characteristics of these sound bodies are taken into account by a large number of performances, which show their strengths especially in interaction with the algorithms of the Vienna Instrument Player. In larger ensembles, the random effect with trills or fast legatas comes into its own and gives these performance patches special authenticity. The larger the ensemble, the more intense the effect that implements the natural “imperfection” of the individual musicians when changing from one note to the next. This effect was particularly taken into account in the "Repetition Performances Pizzicati", which were recorded in two different tempos.
A number of user requests for additional samples were also taken into account, for example the short staccatos, the expressive interval legati, espressivo with sordino, as well as the expansion of the range of sustains and staccatos.
- Interval Performances: legato, portamento, staccato, tremolo
- Fast Interval Performances: legato, marcato, spiccato
- Repetition Performances: legato, portato, staccato, spiccato, harsh / td>
- Performance trills
- Interval Performances muted (con sordino): normal, portamento
- Violins: Interval Performance Glissandos on the same string
- Repetition Performances: legato, bow vibrato, portato, staccato, spiccato, harsh, upbeats, pizzicato
- Repetition Performances muted: sustains, legato, portato, staccato
- Runs: legato, spiccato; major, minor, chromatic, whole tone
- Short notes: short staccato, staccato, short détaché, long détaché, 4 variations each
- Long notes: sustains with and without vibrato, espressivo, flautando
- Dynamics: various crescendos & diminuendos, with and without vibrato, fp, sfz, sffz, pfp
- Tremolos: sustains, crescendo & diminuendo
- Trills: half tone, whole tone, minor, major 3rd, accelerando
- Pizzicatos and Bartók pizzicatos (loose and tight)
- Col legno
- Artificial harmonics: staccato, sustains, repetitions
- Con sordino: staccato, détaché, sustained, crescendos & diminuendos, fortepiano, sforzato, tremolo, pizzicato, trills
- Artificial harmonics: staccato, sustains
Orchestral Strings I - instruments: violin ensemble (14 musicians) & viola ensemble (10 musicians)
Scope of the library
Standard Library: Samples 10.193 | Download size 13.5 GB | Installed file size 23.5 GB
Full Library: Samples 51,137 | Download size 13.5 GB | Installed file size 23.5 GB
Purchasing a VSL library also entitles you to download the Vienna Instruments software player free of charge, which contains the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (last update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB copy protection plug) or other USB eLicenser (e.g. from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center Software (the latest version can be found at www.eLicenser.net )
- free hard disk space according to the following table of space requirements
Other system configurations can work, but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- 4 GB of RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3 / 3.1 UASP support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU / VST / AAX compatible host program (also runs stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments and software require a ViennaKey !
The USB dongle from eLicenser (Steinberg compatible) is not included in the Vienna Instruments, but must be purchased separately. So you have to order at least one ViennaKey or Steinberg eLicenser together with your first VSL product. Each ViennaKey can store up to 100 product licenses.
You also need an internet connection on any computer to authorize a ViennaKey.