HOLLYWOOD BACKUP SINGERS
Introducing HOLLYWOOD BACKUP SINGERS - a game changing new vocal product that will let you type in any word and have it sung by the industry's top backup singers. Produced by Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix, the most awarded producers in the sounds industry, HOLLYWOOD BACKUP SINGERS features powerful vocals from legendary singers Durga McBroom, Lorelei McBroom, and C.C. White.
Over 220 WordBuilder 'editable' phrases and words are included to get you started, just grab them from a quickly accessible drop-down menu from genres such as Pop, Soul, and Gospel. If you don’t find the exact one you’re looking for, you can easily type it into WordBuilder manually, in any language!
You’ll never have to search for the right voice talent or book time in a state-of-the-art studio. When you need the perfect vocal harmonies, your HOLLYWOOD BACKUP SINGERS will be ready for the job. And your listeners will have a hard time believing they weren’t tracked live.
HOLLYWOOD BACKUP SINGERS was recorded with a collection of vintage tube microphones in world famous EastWest Studio 3 , home to some of the most iconic hits from the 1960s till the present day, including the Beach Boys masterpiece Pet Sounds, Mamas and Papas, Blondie, through to modern day productions from Ariana Grande, Frank Ocean, and Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper's Grammy and Academy Award-winning "A Star Is Born" soundtrack.
HOLLYWOOD BACKUP SINGERS features vocals across a variety of categories:
- Vowels includes regular and expressive vowel instruments, and sustain expressive vowel instruments (which is a combination of the two vowel types). The expressive vowels also have 'LES' versions, which contain additional samples of the vocals recorded through a Leslie speaker cabinet, something Pink Floyd did on many backing vocal tracks. Each instrument is programmed to cross-fade between multiple dynamic layers using the Mod Wheel (CC1).
- Consonants includes pitched and un-pitched consonant instruments. Each are programmed to cross-fade between multiple dynamic layers using the Mod Wheel (CC1).
- Combo MOD includes a variety of instruments that use the Mod Wheel (CC1) to switch between multiple layers of regular and expressive vowel types, or in the case of the 'Xfde' sub-folder, use the Mod Wheel (CC1) to cross-fade between these layers. The expressive vowels also have 'LES' versions, which contain additional samples of the vocals recorded through a Leslie speaker cabinet.
- Solo Phrases includes instruments that feature solo phrases and sub-phrases that were recorded in multiple root note positions for use in a variety of keys and modes. There are 'LES' versions available, which contain additional samples of the vocals recorded through a Leslie speaker cabinet. Each vocalist was recorded as a soloist, whereas the rest of the collection features the 3 vocalists recorded together.
- Keyswitch includes instruments that combine multiple articulations into a single instrument that uses blue-colored keyswitches to activate a given articulation. There are keyswitch instruments available for vowels, consonants, and solo phrases, including 'LES' versions where available.
- WB Multi contains a specially designed multi-instrument that is pre-configured for use with WordBuilder. Simply load the WB Multi containing all the necessary phonetic sounds required to build words, type a phrase in the Text Editor (or choose from over 220 phrase and word presets) and the backup singers will sing the words.
HOLLYWOOD BACKUP SINGERS features 3 microphone mixes. The Close microphone mix features 3 microphones in front of each singer that includes a Neumann U47, a Telefunken 251, and a Shure SM7. The Rear microphone mix features a stereo Neumann KU100 Binural Dummy Head, a pair of vintage RCA 77's, and a pair of Sennheiser MKH800s. The Room microphone mix features 3 vintage Neumann M50 tube condenser microphones in a Decca-Tree configuration, and a pair of Neumann U67's. The recording console was a classic Trident "A" Range (40 Channel with Neve Flying Faders Automatic), the "original" and one of six surviving in the world which has been used on some of the most famous recordings in music history.
Below are the minimum and recommended hardware requirements for using HOLLYWOOD BACKUP SINGERS on your computer. Please see the Play User 6 Manual for a complete list of the Hardware and Software Requirements for installing and running any Play Library.
- 10.7GB free hard disc space.
MAC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
PC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
MAC RECOMMENDED SYSTEM
PC RECOMMENDED SYSTEM
Please Note! The 32-bit stand-alone and plug-in components are no longer installed because PLAY 5 and later does not support 32-bit Operating Systems or DAWs.