The flugelhorn (Flugelhorn) in Bb, together with the euphonium and the (double) bass tuba, belongs to the group of so-called bow or sax horns, even if the instrument looks more like the trumpet. The flugelhorn owes its name to the "wing master", who with his signals in the 18th century. had to coordinate the various wings of the hunting party.
In addition to military and brass bands, the flugelhorn is mainly found in the jazz area as a popular solo instrument, which, similar to the trumpet, is very flexible, but has a much softer and wider sound due to its conical, wide scale.
The standard library of the download instrument contains all Flugelhorn samples from the Vienna Special Edition Vol. 4 as well as some additional articulations. A detailed list of the available playing styles can be found under the menu item Sample Content.
If you have already registered a special edition product that contains Flugelhorn, you can purchase the Flugelhorn download tool at a special price. Your personal discounts are displayed under Discount Details when you are logged in.
The purchase of the Flugelhorn entitles you to download the Vienna Instruments software player free of charge, which contains the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (last update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- free hard disk space according to the following table of space requirements
Other system configurations can work, but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3 / 3.1 UASP support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU / VST / AAX compatible host program (also runs stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
This product requires activation!
This can either be done on your computer (without additional hardware) or alternatively on an iLok USB dongle that can be purchased separately . The iLok USB dongle can be plugged into any computer in order to use the protected software on several computers. Your licenses can be managed as you like using the iLok License Manager and protected against loss or theft by additional insurance ( Zero Downtime with TLC ).
To activate the product you need an internet connection on any computer and a free user account on www.ilok.com . Use the Vienna Assistant to download and install your software products and sample libraries authorized via iLok .
Please check with the software manufacturer which iLok version is required as a minimum if you want to use a hardware iLok!