EZX VINTAGE ROCK
Phat and funky Ludwig sound
The Vintage Rock Brushes and Sticks EZX contains one of the kits from the soon to be released Superior Vintage Add-on, the Ludwig Keystone Drum Set.
The Ludwig Drum Company had little idea what was about to hit them in the months following February 9th 1964, The Beatles debut U.S. Television appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show. The band were a sensation and almost overnight everyone wanted to own a set of Ludwig drums just like Ringo's. In fact, Ludwig were still struggling to keep up with demand when along came another drumming icon John Bonham. As well as his use of the Supraphonic snare drum, Bonham popularised larger sizes, including the 24" bass drum similar to the one sampled for the Vintage Brushes and Sticks EZX. This 60's era Ludwig set belongs to 2khz Studio owner Nick Yeatman and we were very happy he lent it to us so we could capture that phat and funky Ludwig sound.
The Ludwig Keystone Kit has been mixed by producer Peter Henderson and Mattias Eklund from Toontrack Music and with it we've added the classic Ludwig Black Beauty and a Slingerland Radio King snares, a number of cool complimentary cymbals and topped it all up with customized midi for both sticks and brushes.
- A classic Ludwig Keystone kit with additional instrument choices
- Recorded by Peter Henderson (Supertramp, Paul McCartney) and Chris Whitten (Dire Straits, The Waterboys)
- Recorded at 2 Khz Studio, London, England
- Includes samples recorded with both sticks and brushes
- MIDI library included
- EZdrummer 1.1.0 or higher, or Superior Drummer 2.3 (or above)
- 1 GB free disk space