EZX UK POP
An exploration of the iconic UK pop sound
Arguably, no nation in the world has had a bigger impact on the sound and worldwide development of pop music than the UK.
From the immortal legacy of acts like The Beatles and The Rolling Stones through pioneering groups such as The Police and The Clash to modern-day icons like Adele and Ed Sheeran, the UK has continuously paved the way and reinvented the sound, feel and approach of pop without ever steering too far off from its roots and core. In fact, for five decades the UK pop scene hasn’t peaked, it’s been on a constant high.
This is the heritage and sound that the UK Pop EZX explores.
Recorded in London’s famed RAK Studios by acclaimed session drummer Ash Soan (Adele, James Morrison, Ronan Keating) and Grammy Award-winning producer Mark Taylor (Rod Stewart, Cher, Daniel Bedingfield), already from the onset, the UK Pop EZX summarises three vivid cornerstones of the UK pop scene.
- Mix-ready drum sounds inspired by classic and modern UK pop music
- Recorded at RAK Studios by drummer Ash Soan (Adele, James Morrison, Ronan Keating)
- Produced by Mark Taylor (Rod Stewart, Cher, Daniel Bedingfield)
- Four full kits and extra snare/cymbal selections
- Sticks, mallets, regular and towel-damped samples available for select kits
- Claps and stomps
- Seven mix-ready presets, each with a distinct sound
- A selection of MIDI grooves for each preset, performed by Ash Soan