The horn ensemble with 8 double horns has been known since the successful 'Epic Horns' edition of the former Horizon Series sample libraries. It is a massive body of sound that impressively fulfills the sound ideal of both the oversized, late romantic orchestra and the Hollywood orchestra in an epic cinemascope width.
The Standard Library of the Download Instrument contains all the Epic horns samples and some additional articulations. With the full library, the instrument corresponds to the full scope as contained in the large DVD collection Brass II Extended Library. A detailed list of the available playing styles can be found under the menu item Sample Content.
The purchase of Epic horns also entitles you to download the Vienna Instruments software player and the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software free of charge.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (last update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- free hard disk space according to the following table of space requirements
Other system configurations can work, but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3 / 3.1 UASP support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU / VST / AAX compatible host program (also runs stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
This product requires activation!
This can either be done on your computer (without additional hardware) or alternatively on an iLok USB dongle that can be purchased separately . The iLok USB dongle can be plugged into any computer in order to use the protected software on several computers. Your licenses can be managed as you like using the iLok License Manager and protected against loss or theft by additional insurance ( Zero Downtime with TLC ).
To activate the product you need an internet connection on any computer and a free user account on www.ilok.com . Use the Vienna Assistant to download and install your software products and sample libraries authorized via iLok .
Please check with the software manufacturer which iLok version is required as a minimum if you want to use a hardware iLok!