Toontrack Fretless EBX for EZbass comes with a handpicked instrument, sampled in extreme detail to capture all of the unique characteristics of a fretless bass. The sublime and soaring violin-like character, the near-weightless glissando, the rich, full and hearty sustain and the incredibly unique overall expressiveness are all qualities that make it utterly impossible to mistake it for a traditional bass. A subtle vibrato or just the strike of a single note gives it away.
In addition to the sounds, it also includes a broad selection of presets as well as a custom content of MIDI tailored for fretless playing styles.
Immortalized by players like Sting, Les Claypool, Bernard Odum, Pino Palladino, Gary Willis and, of course, Jaco Pastorius, the fretless has truly become a mythical creature in the world of basses – revered for its tone but feared for its profound complexity to handle. Regardless of what style you’re looking to write, welcome to a bass that encompasses the entire dynamic and tonal range needed to cut through on both ends of the extremes. This is a bass that lets you paint with sound – outside the lines. Literally.
FRETLESS EBX KEY FEATURES
- A meticulously captured fretless, top-shelf bass
- Includes a collection of presets covering a broad range of tones – from dark and mellow to bright and articulate
- For use in any style where the bass has a prominent role
- Includes a custom MIDI library tailored for the instrument and fretless playing styles
- Requires Toontrack EZbass 1.0.6 (or above).