CHAMBER STRINGS I
About the magic and glamor of small string groups
These chamber music string ensembles present themselves as ensembles rich in nuances. Tender or expressive, calm or dynamic, light as a feather or energetic - the liveliness of the ensembles unfolds by itself when playing thanks to the performance algorithms contained in the Vienna Instruments Player. The Chamber Strings I spread their flair in intimate arrangements, chamber music compositions or with divided string groups. Large string ensembles acquire additional nuances and variety through the combination with the Chamber Strings I.
In addition to all the basic playing styles of the Vienna Symphonic Library such as Legato, Portamento, Détaché, Spiccato and Repetition Performances, the Vienna Instruments Collection contains a multitude of new performance articulations such as "Zigane" portamenti, playing styles with coarse paintwork (attacks), flageolets, marcato -Performances, diverse repetitions and much more
- Interval Performances: legato, portamento, zigane (gipsy), détaché, marcato, spiccato
- Performance trills
- Repetition Performances: legato, portato, staccato, spiccato, harsh
- Grace notes: normal, zig-zag
- Short notes: short staccato, long staccato, short détaché, long détaché, 4 variations each
- Long notes: sustains with and withoug vibrato, espressivo
- Dynamics: various crescendos & diminuendos, with and without vibrato, fp, sfz, sffz
- Sustained tremolos
- Trills: normal and baroque trills, half tone & whole tone, crescendo & diminuendo
- Pizzicatos: normal, Bartók pizzicatos
- Natural harmonics: sustains, glissandos
- Artificial harmonics: staccato, sustains, repetitions
Chamber Strings I - instruments: violin ensemble (6 musicians), viola ensemble (4 musicians), cello ensemble (3 musicians) & double bass ensemble (2 musicians)
Scope of the library
Standard Library: Samples 21,619 | Download size 16.4 GB | Installed file size 29.0 GB
Full Library: Samples 58.955 | Download size 16.4 GB | Installed file size 29.0 GB
Purchasing a VSL library also entitles you to download the Vienna Instruments software player free of charge, which contains the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (last update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB copy protection plug) or other USB eLicenser (e.g. from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center Software (the latest version can be found at www.eLicenser.net )
- free hard disk space according to the following table of space requirements
Other system configurations can work, but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- 4 GB of RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3 / 3.1 UASP support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU / VST / AAX compatible host program (also runs stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments and software require a ViennaKey !
The USB dongle from eLicenser (Steinberg compatible) is not included in the Vienna Instruments, but must be purchased separately. So you have to order at least one ViennaKey or Steinberg eLicenser together with your first VSL product. Each ViennaKey can store up to 100 product licenses.
You also need an internet connection on any computer to authorize a ViennaKey.