A Towering Powerhouse of Sound
Brass II contains the instruments for large-scale orchestral arrangements, i.e., the “Wagner orchestral brass”. Oriented toward Wagner’s “Ring”, there are the bass trumpet, the contrabass trombone, Wagner tuba and contrabass tuba, all with the standard single note and Performance articulations such as Interval Performances, Repetitions, Trill Performances, etc. As an alternative to the Viennese horn, Brass II also contains a new solo horn, the triple horn, Yamaha’s master instrument in F/Bb/high F, recorded down to the lowest register (A1). Further, there are the piccolo trumpet, the cimbasso, and of course the famous “Epic Horns”, an impressive sounding body of eight double horns that not only fulfills the sonic ideal of the theatrical late Romantic orchestra but also meets the challenge of “larger than life” scores for modern movie scores.
Brass II - Instruments: Piccolo trumpet, Bass trumpet, Triple horn, Horn ensemble (8 players) – Epic Horns, Bass trombone, Contrabass trombone, Contrabass tuba, Wagner tuba & Cimbasso
- Interval Performances: legato, marcato; slow & fast
- Repetition Performances: legato, portato, staccato; crescendo & diminuendo
- Performance Repetition upbeats: slow, medium, fast
- Performance Trills
- Solo instruments – Grace Note Performances: minor and major 2nd, up and down
- Short notes: staccato and portato with various attacks and note lengths
- Long notes: sustains with various attacks and vibratos
- Horn ensemble: blared sustains
- Dynamics: crescendo & diminuendo in various note lengths, various vibratos; fp, sfz, sffz, pfp
- Solo instruments – trills: half tone, whole tone; crescendo & diminuendo
- Flutter tongues: normal and crescendo variations
Standard Library: Samples 27.348 | Download Files Size 17,3 GB | Installed File Size 39,1 GB
Full Library: Samples 98.870 | Download Files Size 17,3 GB | Installed File Size 39,1 GB
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
This product requires activation!
This can either be done on your computer (without additional hardware) or alternatively on an iLok USB dongle that can be purchased separately . The iLok USB dongle can be plugged into any computer in order to use the protected software on several computers. Your licenses can be managed as you like using the iLok License Manager and protected against loss or theft by additional insurance ( Zero Downtime with TLC ).
To activate the product you need an internet connection on any computer and a free user account on www.ilok.com . Use the Vienna Assistant to download and install your software products and sample libraries authorized via iLok .
Please check with the software manufacturer which iLok version is required as a minimum if you want to use a hardware iLok!