Fundamental Orchestral Brass
Brass I combines the basic brass instruments as solo instruments and in corresponding ensembles (3 trumpets, 3 trombones, 4 French horns). The four soloists are masters of their trade. Trumpet player Freddy Staudigl, hornist Marcus Schmidinger, and trombone player Johann Schodl all are foundation members of the renowned ensemble “Brassissimo” and are not only active with their quintet but also as soloists and orchestral musicians on an international level. In addition to his virtuosic command of the tuba, Christoph Kiene is also internationally known as a lecturer.
Apart from the existing articulations of the Pro Edition, this Vienna Instruments Collection also provides fast Interval Performances in legato and marcato, Performance Trills, arpeggios (major, minor, and diminished in legato and staccato) and mordents. Trumpet and trombone now offer the complete playing techniques, muted not only as solo instruments, but also in the ensembles. Among the specialties are the trumpet ensemble’s “out of tune” sustains, as they happen now and then in real orchestral situations. The three trumpet players don’t hit the note exactly at the beginning – a beat frequency ensues which is corrected as the tone progresses, eventually resulting in a clean homophony. Furthermore, the trumpets feature “rips & falls”. And the trombone ensembles, too, offer a specialty; clusters of three notes with half tone intervals are available in staccato (two variations), sustained, crescendo und diminuendo (in two tone lengths), sforzato, and even as Repetition Performances.
Brass I - Instruments: Trumpet, Viennese horn, Trombone, Tuba, Trumpet ensemble (3 players), Horn ensemble (4 players) & Trombone ensemble (3 players)
- Interval Performances: legato, marcato; fast & slow
- Horns, tenor trombone: Interval Performance Glissandos
- Repetition Performances: legato, portato, staccato; crescendo & diminuendo
- Performance Repetition upbeats: slow, medium, fast
- Performance Trills
- Solo instruments – Grace Note Performances: minor and major 2nd, up and down
- Trumpets: runs
- Trumpets, horns, trombones – arpeggios: major, minor, diminished triads; staccato, medium & fast
- Solo trumpet – mordents: legato, 12 variations
- Trumpets, horns, trombones – muted/stopped:
- Interval Performances
- Repetition Performances: legato, portato, staccato
- Fast Repetitions
- Short notes: staccato and portato with various attacks and note lengths
- Long notes: sustains with various attacks and vibratos
- Horns: blared sustains
- Dynamics: crescendo & diminuendo in various note lengths, various vibratos; fp, sfz, sffz, pfp
- Solo instruments – trills: half tone, whole tone; crescendo & diminuendo
- Flutter tongues: normal and crescendo variations
- Trumpets, horns, trombones – muted/stopped:
- Short notes: staccato, short portato, medium portato
- Sustains and dynamics in various note lengths
- Flutter tongues
- Trumpet ensemble: out-of-tune-sustains, rips & falls
- Trombone ensemble: clusters
Standard Library: Samples 24.657 | Download Files Size 26,8 GB | Installed File Size 56,9 GB
Full Library: Samples 144.624 | Download Files Size 26,8 GB | Installed File Size 56,9 GB
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
This product requires activation!
This can either be done on your computer (without additional hardware) or alternatively on an iLok USB dongle that can be purchased separately . The iLok USB dongle can be plugged into any computer in order to use the protected software on several computers. Your licenses can be managed as you like using the iLok License Manager and protected against loss or theft by additional insurance ( Zero Downtime with TLC ).
To activate the product you need an internet connection on any computer and a free user account on www.ilok.com . Use the Vienna Assistant to download and install your software products and sample libraries authorized via iLok .
Please check with the software manufacturer which iLok version is required as a minimum if you want to use a hardware iLok!