BIG BANG ORCHESTRA: PHOENIX
The VSL Big Bang Orchestra Phoenix is a percussion module that offers a collection of pristine sounds in the categories of Timpani, Mallets, and Bells & Gongs, derived from the Synchron Series libraries Synchron Percussion I and Synchron Percussion II.
Big Bang Orchestra: Phoenix - Pitched Solo Percussion
Timpani, mallets, bells, gongs
Exceptional surround sound from the large Synchron Stage Vienna
Variety of microphone positions
Extensive presets, from "close" to "ambient", from classic to "processed"
This percussion module offers timpani, stick chimes , bells and gongs from the Synchron Series libraries Synchron Percussion I and Synchron Percussion II .
All instruments were recorded in their perfect place in the large hall of the Synchron Stage Vienna with an elaborate, phase-controlled multi-microphone setup, from close miking and medium distance to Decca-Tree (LCR), surround and high surround microphones.
Big Bang Orchestra: Phoenix contains single strikes of these instruments:
- Timpani (played with soft mallets)
- Glockenspiel (played with plastic mallets)
- Xylophone (played with wooden mallets)
- Vibraphone (played with soft mallets)
- Tubular bells (played with medium hard mallets)
- Bell plates
- Burma gongs
Additional ways of playing the timpani are pegs and instruments tuned in octaves, as well as variations with and without a motor on the vibraphone.
The multitude of available presets makes it easy to achieve the perfect sound “out of the box” - be it to fit into the overall sound of all other modules in the Big Bang Orchestra series or to use the instruments in different types of arrangements and genres to place. Thanks to the masterful combination of the various microphone signals with the internal effects of the Synchron Player, presets such as Close, Classical, Wide, Comp + Reverb, Far Away Echoes, Power Timps and many more are available.
Scope of the library
- Download file size 11.5 GB | Installed file size 36.2 GB
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (last update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3 / 3.1 UASP support) for the sample content
- 8 GB RAM (16 GB or more recommended)
- AU / VST / AAX Native Compatible Host Program (AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB copy protection plug) or other USB eLicenser (e.g. from Steinberg or Arturia)
Other system configurations can work, but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- 16 GB RAM or more, depending on your registered products
- 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments and software require a ViennaKey
The USB dongle from eLicenser (Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in the Vienna Instruments, but must be purchased separately. So you have to order at least one ViennaKey together with your first collection. It is automatically placed in the basket with the first instrument, but can be deleted again if you do not need it. Each ViennaKey can store up to 100 product licenses.
You also need an internet connection on any computer to authorize a ViennaKey.