BIG BANG ORCHESTRA IZAR
Big Bang Orchestra: Izar - Low Brass Clusters
Low Brass Ensemble of the Synchron Stage Vienna
Four bass trombones, a bass tuba, and a double bass tuba
Halftone clusters in a variety of styles
Switchable fortississimo for a particularly haunting sound
Many microphone positions with additional “close” mics
From the ominous pianissimo to the dramatic fortississimo
Clusters have become a fixture in modern film scores. The deep brass instruments in particular are predestined to produce the desired sound effects here. That is why VSL has dedicated its own Big Bang Orchestra library to this playing technique.
BBO: Izar contains all articulations (except legato) from BBO: Hercules played as a cluster. Contains short notes, marcati, sforzandi, sforzatissimi, various crescendos and diminuendos, flutter tongue, trills, glissandi and quick repetitions. All clusters consist of three semitones lying next to each other, with the note played on the keyboard in the middle and sounding together with a semitone above and a note below.
The ensemble recorded for Big Bang Orchestra: Izar consists of four bass trombones, a bass tuba and a double bass tuba. An extra fff layer can be activated for long tones. If BBO: Hercules is also installed on the computer, crossfades are possible between the unison tones of the low brass library and the low brass clusters.
The standard mixer presets are available in the free synchronous player, which guarantees a homogeneous sound when used in combination with the other modules of the Big Bang Orchestra. In addition, the “Processed” category contains mixer presets such as “Compressed”, “Sparkling”, “Wall of Low Brass”, “Howling Brass”, “Threatening Sustain” and many more that correspond to the presets from BBO: Hercules.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (last update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3 / 3.1 UASP support) for the sample content
- 8 GB RAM (16 GB or more recommended)
- AU / VST / AAX Native Compatible Host Program (AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB copy protection plug) or other USB eLicenser (e.g. from Steinberg or Arturia)
Other system configurations can work, but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- 16 GB RAM or more, depending on your registered products
- 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments and software require a ViennaKey
The USB dongle from eLicenser (Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in the Vienna Instruments, but must be purchased separately. So you have to order at least one ViennaKey together with your first collection. It is automatically placed in the basket with the first instrument, but can be deleted again if you do not need it. Each ViennaKey can store up to 100 product licenses.
You also need an internet connection on any computer to authorize a ViennaKey.