The baritone saxophone takes over the lowest voice in the classic big band setting and often doubles the voice of the 1st alto saxophone. The instrument is more than twice as long as the alto saxophone and is characterized by a characteristic, loop-shaped mouthpiece tube. In the lower registers it can sometimes be very assertive and produce a "smacking" or "clicking" sound.
Robert Bernhard, who has played all the instruments in the saxophone family, is an insider tip and plays in illustrious circles around the world. He has a wealth of experience both as an orchestral musician and as a soloist and master of improvisation in jazz, funk and blues. He captured all the tonal nuances of his classy and clear-sounding Selmer instruments from the Mark VI series (replica of the well-known “golden throw” from the sixties) - from sensitive to aggressive, from whispering to screeching - and fully exploited the dynamic range out.
The standard library of the download instrument contains all baritone saxophone samples of the Vienna Special Edition and the Special Edition PLUS as well as some additional articulations. With the full library, the instrument corresponds to the full scope as contained in the large DVD collection Saxophones Extended Library. A detailed list of the available playing styles can be found under the menu item Sample Content.
If you have already registered a special edition product that contains Baritone saxophone, you can purchase the Baritone saxophone download instrument at a special price. Your personal discounts are displayed under Discount Details when you are logged in.
The purchase of Baritone saxophone also entitles you to download the Vienna Instruments software player and the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software free of charge.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (last update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB copy protection plug) or other USB eLicenser (e.g. from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center Software (the latest version can be found at www.eLicenser.net )
- free hard disk space according to the following table of space requirements
Other system configurations can work, but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (last update, 64-bit), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3 / 3.1 UASP support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU / VST / AAX compatible host program (also runs stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments and software require a ViennaKey !
The USB dongle from eLicenser (Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in the Vienna Instruments, but must be purchased separately. So you have to order at least one ViennaKey together with your first collection. It is automatically placed in the basket with the first instrument, but can be deleted again if you do not need it. Each ViennaKey can store up to 100 product licenses.
You also need an internet connection on any computer to authorize a ViennaKey.