APPASSIONATA STRINGS I
Bigger than life
As the name suggests, these string ensembles are quite simply, passionate. Their lush, broad and emotive cinematic sound defies expectations for a virtual instrument. They integrate perfectly well into a variety of musical styles, from pop and rock environments to symphonic arrangements, from emotional ballads to film scores, from pure string beds to complete orchestral works.
Appassionata Strings I offers various facets of sustains and Legato Performances with different intensities of vibrato as their main focus, but also include articulations such as sul-G-Performances, accented interval notes, spiccatos, staccatos, various Repetition Performances, trills, runs, and much more. They also include “out-of-tune-samples” where various players of the ensemble carefully correct their intonation as the tone progresses. Mirroring what actually happens in live orchestral performances, this is a very effective technique for creating heightened realism and expression. The bass section of Appassionata Strings I consists of 6 five-string and 4 four-string basses, giving the low end a deep and rich flavor.
Appassionata Strings I - Instruments: Violin ensemble (20 players), Viola ensemble (14 players), Cello ensemble (12 players) & Double bass ensemble (10 players)
Standard Library: Samples 10.976 | Download Files Size 7,0 GB | Installed File Size 12,0 GB
Full Library: Samples 25.534 | Download Files Size 7,0 GB | Installed File Size 12,0 GB
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg compatible) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey or Steinberg eLicenser with your first VSL purchase. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.