Delta Sound Labs is proud to introduce a bundle that includes both Stream, their granular synthesis plug-in, and Fold, their distortion synthesis plug-in.
Two amazing plug-ins for one low price!
STREAM from Delta Sound Labs is a granular sampler audio effects plug-in for sound design, intricate delays and live performance.
Its clean sound separates it from typical spectral or frequency granulators and it's a great way to layer and widen your audio source. Steam also boasts very low latency making it ideal for live performance. A few key features of Steam include:
- Tempo Sync - synchronize the grains with the tempo of your host
- Low latency - ideal for live performance
- Auto Record Mode: a new record mode that allows a user to determine the buffer size by toggling the Record button
- Capture & Overdub - capture an audio excerpt, manipulate the audio, build harmonies and layer disparate audio sources
- Time stretching/scrubbing
- Up to 16 granular voices
- Monophonic MIDI Mode: re-pitch all granular voices at the same pitch and grain length (great for creating pedal points)
- Polyphonic MIDI Mode: granular voice creation and re-pitching just like a regular VSTi
- Sample Drag-and-Drop: drag, drop and use any .WAV .AIFF or MP3 with Stream
- Optimized Sample Interpolation: smooth playback through optimized audio sample smoothing
- Dedicated Dry and Wet knobs to balance dry and wet audio signals relative to the Mix control
STREAM is a highly creative audio effect and provides new ways to granulate audio samples and live audio sources with low CPU overhead.
FOLD is a distortion synthesis audio effect plug-in that only the engineers at Delta Sound Labs could dream up. Calling on their background in modular hardware design, the team has found a novel approach to creating warmth and distortion in software. By using an assortment of modules in an in-series FX chain, Fold imbues input signals with harmonically rich overtones and, if pushed to the extremes, completely transforms them with a unique form of distortion.
At the heart of FOLD is its wavefolding engine. First pioneered by synth legend Don Buchla, wavefolding is the act of folding a wave back on itself after reaching a given threshold. While this naturally produces distortion and harmonics, Fold also ships with a bit crusher module to further smash the input signal. Fold's combination of oversampling, distortion, and wavefolding results in tones that are timbrally rich on one hand, and over-the-top destroyed on the other, even with simple periodic input signals.
To tame the sound, Fold comes with an analog emulation of a resonant low-pass filter that offers more control over any unhinged results. Each parameter is also syncable to its own LFO, each of which has an amount slider and may be synced to a host tempo within a DAW for more creative sound design and mixing effects. Fold also ships with a number of professionally designed presets that showcase the versatility of its engine.
AU, VST, VST3, AAX
Recommended: Mojave or Catalina (10.14 or 10.15)
Minimum: High Sierra 10.13 (this was the earliest OS that was tested in development stages)
Minimum and Recommended: Windows 10