VIENNA MIR ROOMPACK 6
VIENNA MIR ROOMPACK 6 - SYNCHRON STAGE VIENNA
RoomPack 6 features spatial models of the newly revitalized Synchron Stage Vienna.
The historic facility was originally built in the 1940s, adjacent to Rosenhügel-Filmstudios as part of “Film City Vienna”. Until 1955, numerous film scores were recorded in the main hall (Stage A) that is large enough to accommodate a 130 piece orchestra. During the 1960s, eminent classical artists such as Karl Böhm, Herbert von Karajan, Yehudi Menuhin, Sviatoslav Richter and Mstislav Rostropovich chose the outstanding acoustics of this former “Synchronhalle” for their now-legendary recordings.
The Vienna Symphonic Library took over the massive building in 2013 and renovated it in collaboration with the renowned Walters-Storyk Design Group and architects Schneider+Schumacher. In its fist year of operation, Stage A hosted film music recordings for productions such as Inferno, The Crown, Lego Batman, Ghost in a Shell, in addition to several video games, commercials, classical recordings and many others.
The facility’s 540 m2 (5,813 sq.ft.) main hall has a trapezoidal floor plan and a height of 10.5 – 12 m (34.5 – 40 ft.). The colossal room-in-room construction stands out with an exceptionally low noise-floor of 16 dBA, even with the air conditioner running. Stage A features a reverb time of 1.6 to 1.8 seconds, and in contrast to other scoring stages, there is no masking effect on the low frequencies. It is characterized by a lush and warm sound, while at the same time providing excellent localization, both in depth and in the stereo panorama.
Hosting RoomPack 6, Vienna MIR Pro and MIR Pro 24 accurately represent this wonderful, vibrant hall from two different angles, providing two typical main microphone positions for longitudinal and transverse orchestra seatings. A total of 6,000 Impulse Responses was captured to provide the complete acoustic impression of Synchron Stage Vienna’s main hall.
- PC Intel i7-Quad CPU or better, with Windows 7 64-bit
- Mac Intel i7-Quad CPU or better, macOS 10.10 or newer
- 12 GB RAM
For larger projects:
- PC Dual Intel Quad Core XEON 5520 or better, with Windows 7 64-bit
- Mac Pro 8-Core Xeon 5520 “Gainstown” or better, with macOS 10.10 or newer
- 24 GB RAM
- DirectX 10-capable video card with support for OpenGL 2.1 (Windows)
- AU/VST/VST3/AAX Native/RTAS (OS X) compatible host; also works stand-alone with Vienna Ensemble PRO
- ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- Vienna MIR RoomPack with dedicated impulse responses (sold separately).
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.
VIENNA MIR Extension