EZ KEYS MELLOTOON
Toontrack EZkeys Mellotoon is based on the Mellotron keyboard introduced in the early 1960s. This unique instrument was the first of its kind to include samples of real instruments, but as opposed to the modern-day digital sampler, the Mellotron pulled them off a magnetic tape loop that ran inside the keyboard.
It came with various sounds for piano, strings, flutes, brass and is likely best described as the first-ever "band in a box". Naturally, it was a revelation from the get-go. Early adopters included the Beatles, the Moody Blues and King Crimson, who all immortalized the unmistakable tone of the Mellotron in numerous hits. Today, this piece of instrument history is enjoying a massive resurgence in a wide range of genres.
EZkeys Mellotoon captures the essence of this one-of-a-kind keyboard and comes with 15 individual instruments, carefully sampled directly from a model M400 Mellotron using a blend of direct and amped signals. On top of that, it includes a generous selection of custom effect and sound chain presets, giving you a completely new, creative outset to an already seemingly bottomless pool of awe-inspiring sounds.
SUMMARY OF FEATURES
- A carefully sampled M400 Mellotron
- Recorded at Studio 9, Sveriges Radio, Sweden through a Music Man RD50 amp using an Avalon U5 line box and Telefunken U47, Coles 4038 and DAD AX24 microphones
- All sounds are designed to be mix-ready. Just pick a preset and the sound will sit right in your mix!
- Uncompromising dynamic response for great playability.
EZKeys Feature Overview
- 32- and 64-bit VST, AU and RTAS instrument as well as low latency stand-alone application
- Drag and drop the included MIDI straight to the built-in song track
- Drag and drop support for your own or third party MIDI straight into EZkeys
- Drag and drop MIDI from the song track or directly from the song browser to your DAW or to your desktop
- EZkeys will analyze and chord-separate any MIDI on the fly
- Record or overdub MIDI directly in EZkeys
- Use your own, the included or any third party MIDI/chord progressions and transform with playing styles found in other MIDI files
- Quickly add basic chords to the timeline or drag and drop any chord from the Chord Wheel
- Real-time chord display that enables you to instantly see what chords you are playing
- Chord selector, based upon the circle of fifths, allowing you to change chords instantly
- Presets for the most commonly used chord types
- Customize the coloration of any chord by opening up the detailed view
- Alter the voicing of a chord on the fly by clicking the – or + buttons in the Chord Wheel
- “Humanize” any pre-quantized MIDI upon import in EZkeys
- Transpose individual song blocks or full songs
- Export songs or files as wave files straight from the EZkeys interface
- Comes with an easy to understand music theory document including MIDI examples
- Possibility to tune the piano by octave, semitone or cents
- Dynamics controls that let you adjust the velocity response to match your keyboard or playing style
- Three pedals: sustain, sostenuto and damping
- MIDI-learn and automation
- Ready-made presets utilizing high-quality effects from Overloud. The presets range from raw and unprocessed to heavily tweaked