EZ KEYS ELECTRIC GRAND
A carefully sampled Yamaha CP-80
Toontrack Electric Grand is the fifth title in the popular EZkeys product line and comes with a carefully sampled Yamaha CP-80. This ground-breaking instrument was introduced on the market in the late 1970s as a compact, electric option to the regular grand piano.
Since then, the CP-80 has become a modern classic, immortalized in chart-topping sounds from the likes of Peter Gabriel and also Abba, U2, Simple Minds, George Duke, Bruce Hornsby, Genesis/Tony Banks and countless others. Even today, 30 years after its inception and since long out of production, the analogue, electric and amplified hybrid sound of the CP-80 continues to play a key role in modern music.
With the included broad genre mixer presets, the classic, crisp sound will expand beyond the conventions and, combined with the revolutionary features of the EZKeys engine, make this instrument a must in every versatile songwriter´s palette of audio tools.
SUMMARY OF FEATURES
- A carefully sampled Yamaha CP-80 electric grand piano
- Quickly add basic chords to the timeline or drag and drop any chord from the Chord Wheel
- Real-time chord display that enables you to instantly see what chords you are playing
- All sounds are designed to be mix-ready. Just pick a preset and the sound will sit right in your mix!
- Uncompromising dynamic response for great playability
- 32- and 64-bit VST, AU and RTAS instrument as well as low latency stand-alone application
- Drag and drop the included MIDI straight to the built-in song track
- Drag and drop support for your own or third party MIDI straight into EZkeys
- Drag and drop MIDI from the song track or directly from the song browser to your DAW or to your desktop
- EZkeys will analyze and chord-separate any MIDI on the fly
- Record or overdub MIDI directly in EZkeys
- Use your own, the included or any third party MIDI/chord progressions and transform with playing styles found in other MIDI files
- Chord selector, based upon the circle of fifths, allowing you to change chords instantly
- Presets for the most commonly used chord types
- Customize the coloration of any chord by opening up the detailed view
- Alter the voicing of a chord on the fly by clicking the - or + buttons in the Chord Wheel
- "Humanize" any pre-quantized MIDI upon import in EZkeys
- Transpose individual song blocks or full songs
- Export songs or files as wave files straight from the EZkeys interface
- Comes with an easy to understand music theory document including MIDI examples
- Possibility to tune the piano by octave, semitone or cents
- Dynamics controls that let you adjust the velocity response to match your keyboard or playing style
- Three pedals: sustain, sostenuto and damping
- MIDI-learn and automation
- Ready-made presets utilizing high-quality effects from Overloud. The presets range from raw and unprocessed to heavily tweaked
What is EZKeys?
EZkeys is a revolutionary plugin and stand-alone instrument that combines a world-class piano player, songwriting partner, arranger and a meticulously sampled instrument – all in one package! Aside from breathtakingly rich tonal qualities, EZkeys allows the user unlimited creativity through its groundbreaking functionality.
Drag & drop MIDI
EZkeys comes with an extensive MIDI library performed by a professional session pianist. Played with increasing complexity in full song sections and covering all major genres such as rock, pop, country, gospel, blues and funk, this library is not only a creative boost, it’s an untapped source of inspiration for your yet unwritten songs. Drag, drop and lay down the foundation to a track in no time!
Smart songwriting features
EZkeys includes a host of revolutionary and creative songwriting features. Transpose full MIDI tracks on the fly, use any MIDI file and transform it with playing styles found in other MIDI, use the groundbreaking EZkeys Chord Wheel to customize chord voicing and harmonic color with just one mouse-click – and much, much more.
- Extensive MIDI library played by a professional session pianist
- All major styles covered (pop/rock, soul/RnB, country, gospel, jazz, blues, boogie, funk)
- All songs performed in full song structure blocks
- All songs performed with increasing intensity as intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus and bridge variations
- Single, rhythmical and broken chords in different variations as well as FX and endings
- Straight/swing variations in 4/4 and 6/8
- Intuitive browser that lets you add you own favorites and arrange them in folders